Avocado Chocolate Chip Cookies
AVOCADO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Sometimes I need a treat and treats are rarely HEALTHY. This chocolate chip cookie is a healthier version, given there is no butter or oil, but don’t kid yourself– these are still cookies. Eat in moderation!
Makes 24 cookies
- ½ cup avocado (appox. 1 avocado)
- ¾ cup sweetener of choice (organic cane sugar, Sucanat, Splenda, or my fave: Swerve)
- 1 egg (flax egg, if vegan)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or flour of choice, if can’t have wheat)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (dairy-free, if vegan)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ⅛ cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- ⅛ cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 290⁰. Yes, you read that correctly (baking with avocado requires a lower heat with longer time, kind of like doing lower weights with higher reps)
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix avocado and sweetener in mixer til smooth and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix til combined.
- In small bowl, mix together the flour, soda and salt; slowly add to wet ingredients and mix on medium til well combined.
- Add chocolate chips, pecans and seeds til evenly mixed.
- Place 1 Tbsp dough on cookie sheet, each dollop 1” apart from the next (if you like flatter cookies, press down with the back of a spoon)
- Bake for 15-18 minutes; remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Calories: 64
- Fat: 3.1 grams
- Cholesterol: 8.81 mg
*A typical chocolate chip cookie has 241 calories, 13.7 grams of fat and 22 mg of cholesterol. What an amazing difference!