Cauliflower & Kale Soup
Curried Cauliflower & Kale Soup
1 cup almond or coconut milk
5-6 cups cauliflower florets
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp olive or avocado oil
4 cups vegetable broth
8 kale leaves, chopped
2 cups chopped carrot
¾ cup diced red onion
1-2 tsp minced garlic
2-3 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp red pepper or chili flakes
½ tsp sea salt & fresh ground pepper
Optional: toasted pumpkin seeds for topping
1. Preheat oven to 400⁰F.
2. Mix cauliflower florets in a small bowl with curry powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, salt and first amount of oil.
3. Spread seasoned florets onto baking dish with sides or shallow roasting pan. Roast in oven for 20-22 minutes, until just tender. Set aside to cool.
4. Chop remaining vegetables.
5. Place cooled cauliflower into food processor or blender and pulse until “riced”.
6. Heat 2 tsp olive or avocado oil in soup pot and sauté onion and garlic approx. 5 minutes, until fragrant (but not burnt).
7. Add broth, milk, vegetables, cauliflower “rice”, chili flakes and pepper.
8. Bring to a boil; immediately turn down to medium low for the next 20 minutes until vegetables are cooked through.
9. Taste for seasoning; add sea salt and adjust other seasonings accordingly; serve topped with toasted pumpkin seeds, if desired. (YUMMY!)